Simon Johns is a Fine Arts-trained designer and maker of furniture and lighting. With a BFA from Concordia University, he approaches design with hands-on studio experiments borrowed more from sculpture than from a software based practice. Based in East-Bolton in southern Quebec, Canada, his work draws from relations between the manufactured product and the raw surroundings of the studio's wooded location.
Design + making of custom installations, statement pieces, lighting, furniture, room dividers, etc is part of the studio's ongoing practice and research. Owners, architects, interior designers and gallerists are invited to get in touch to collaborate, or to receive turn-key design-to-installation service on custom projects in all sectors.
Pieces in the Work and Store sections of this site are available in stock or made-to-order, but can also serve as starting points for site specific designs as well.
Please inquire about commissions, representation, special orders and any other question.
Clients and Collaborators
- Specialized Bicycles
- Alain Carle Architectes
- Stingray Digital
- Havas Worldwide
- Attraction Medias
- Apollo Studios
- Premium Beat
- Moureaux Hauspy
- La Firme
- Nip Paysage
- Jean de Lessard
- Sight Unseen Offsite 2017
- Wanted Design-part of Qc Design Collective 2017
- Toronto Design Offsite's Come up To My Room 2017
- Wanted Design-part of Qc Design Collective 2016
- Interior Design Show Toronto-part of Designboom Mart 2016
- Galerie C.O.A. Montréal - solo launch 2014
- InBox Design -curated by Vallé/Duhamel 2014
- Haut+Fort - Centre Du Design UQAM 2013